Friday, November 26, 2010

Girls Afternoon Out

I have to laugh because this is the most awkward sounding post title ever; with that said, I'm pretty sure you can guess what I did today. My brother and his family were in town for Thanksgiving so we took advantage of it and my sister, sister-in-law and I went to see a chick-flick. 

We literally took like 9 different pictures, and there was something wrong with everyone-we are all such girls. Even though this hipstamatic pic is a little sketch I went with it because it made me laugh the most out of all of them. Laughing and being silly over pictures is a sweet little memory that I now have with my sisters.

So what did we see?

Morning Glory!

I loved this movie, but my sisters felt that it was so-so. I don't know, it feels like sometimes I must have bad taste in movies or something. It seems like every time Jim and I see a preview to a chick-flick I'm like "oooooo" and he's like "that looks horrible." Anyway, I think I liked this movie because I'm a sucker for underdogs, heroism and catchy, emotion-driven theme songs. I really feel like the "triumph moment" where Rachel McAdams is running and the Natasha Bedingfield song is playing sold me on the whole thing...or maybe it was just because I really like Rachel McAdams and Harrison Ford. :)

Here's the Youtube movie-version of Natasha Bedingfield's "Strip Me." I think the part I like the most about the music video is Natasha's wardrobe. Check it out, girl's got style.


If you see the movie or have already seen it, tell me what you think so that I know if I'm crazy, or if I'm in good company.

Keep it real,

Roo

Labels: , , , ,

Blogger kelly anne said...  

haha i just got back from a movie and they had a preview for morning glory and i thought it looked awesome! i think we have the same taste in movies :)
and i LOOOVE this song. i meant to look it up when i got hope but i forgot, so thanks for posting it!

Blogger RooFresh said...  

Ha ha thanks Kelly for boosting my confidence in my movie-picking abilities. :)

Blogger Lori said...  

I haven't seen the movie... but I want to!

Blogger RooFresh said...  

Let me know what you think when you do Lori!

Blogger Elaine said...  

Okay I haven't seen the movie, BUT since we both came out of EAT PRAY LOVE and loved it and saw the chickeryness and deeper meaning perhaps we are just deeper souls. Hearing the reviews and your sisters I can be pretty confident that your Dad and I won't be seeing it anytime soon. So put me on the list of the next "chicky" movie that comes out, I'm your moviemate.

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home