Saturday, November 27, 2010

Photo Whim - {Merry Christmas}



I personally have a firm belief that no Christmas products, decorations, music, lights or movies should NOT be brought out before Thanksgiving-with that said, the day after Thanksgiving is allowed to be the official jump-off to Christmas. Maybe it's just because I live in Arizona and the weather doesn't drop below 80 degrees before Turkey Day, or that it's always been my family's tradition to put up the tree the next day, but busting out the Christmas garb any earlier just doesn't feel right.

This year Jim and I did not get the energy to pull ourselves off of the couch long enough to get our tree out of the hall closet and bust out the decorations. I know we'll do it this weekend, but in the mean time I couldn't help but look at a little Christmas inspiration on weheartit, afterall I have been holding out.

{owls don't really have anything to do with Christmas, but these guys are cute and the men in the picture look warm}

Some of my favorite Christmas traditions...

Decorating the house
Watching "The Muppet Christmas Carol" with my dad
Christmas light looking
Decorating sugar cookies
EATING
Also watching, Elf, A Christmas Story, and Christmas Vacation
Wrapping presents
Getting an orange in my stocking every year
Seeing a Christmas play
Going to church on Christmas eve
Hot chocolate, egg nog, cider
Going to Christmas parties
Spending time with my family

I'll leave you with one more picture; it's a beautiful piece of art that my talented husband created last year at dinner out of chinese noodles....Enjoy


What are some of your favorite traditions? Don't be shy, let me know!

Keep it real,

Roo





Labels: , , ,

Blogger elisabeth said...  

fun!
i love the sweater & hot coco photos!
we go to my in-laws and open our pj's and play pictionary, boys against girls!
it's so fun.
:)

Blogger RooFresh said...  

Sweet memories Ms. Elisabeth! I have a pair of pj's that I wear every year on Christmas Eve and my family ALWAYS plays games.

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home