Friday, February 11, 2011

Mountains vs Hot Dogs

Jim and I spend a lot of time together...like a lot. About a week before our wedding we were out to dinner having meaningless conversation, but fun conversation, and Jim started talking about how amazing he thought my eyelids were. Yeah, eyelids, not that amazing in my opinion. Well Jim said that he was dumbfounded at how wrinkly mine look when they are closed, "they're like mountain ranges, they're so BIG!" Then he compared them to his eyelids that apparently are "packs of hot dogs," straight across.

I know what you are thinking, "these are the weirdest people I've ever seen/read about." Yeah, you're pretty much right...but you want to hear the rest of the story right? 

So Jim and I proceeded to take pictures of each other's eyelids at the table so that we could see what they looked like with our eyes squeezed closed, and we had a big giggle about it. 

Fast forward a week and we were getting married! In the process of taking pictures with our AWESOME, totally fun photographers, the Sloans, this event somehow got brought up. Jim kept saying something about my "mountains" and I kept making comments about his "hot dogs" and so we finally had to do a little bit of explaining. After we all had a good laugh over it, they decided they wanted to see our impressive eyelids, and that's where this picture came from:
It's so dumb. No really, it was the stupidest conversation, idea, thought, concept...like why did we even care? BUT this is my favorite picture from the wedding. I love it because our emotion is pure and real, and we have a funny story and memory to link it to. This is our "Mountains vs Hot dogs" picture. 

Labels: , , , ,

Anonymous Liz said...  

Um, Adorable! This is why I love you.

Anonymous Vanessa said...  

AWHHHH haha so adorable! I can tell we're going to have a blast when I visit :D

Blogger RooFresh said...  

Thanks girls! This is why I love my husband. :)

Blogger Lori said...  

That is totally weird... and totally adorable! Love the story behind the picture!!

Blogger Little Tree Vintage said...  

this is so cute. and that picture is gorgeous! you look amazing

Blogger Pamplemousse said...  

Great picture!!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home