Thursday, January 27, 2011

Meet Baby Zoe, I'm a Bad Blogger, Lactation Seminar

I acknowledge that I have not been a very good blogger this week, and I'm going to transfer the blame. I recently blogged about my nutrition background and how I work for WIC and this week I have been in all day lectures about breastfeeding and infant feeding. It's a week-long seminar put on by a wonderful team and lead by Molly Pessl BSN, IBCLC. If you don't know IBCLC stands for International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, and it's a VERY difficult certification to obtain. When I tell people about it usually their first response is "what could you possibly talk about for a whole week!" I assure them that there is PLENTY to talk about and if you are a mom who has breastfed I'm sure that you agree (or any mom for that matter). My thoughts on it are, if I can spend four years on a degree for adult nutrition which barely scathed the surface of lactation, a week doesn't even seem like enough for infants/breastfeeding! I am learning a lot though and it's extremely fascinating.

With that said, I have been dog-tired every day after getting home and mentally drained! I should have prepared a little better and scheduled posts for this week ahead of time, but sometimes I'm a fly by the seat of my pants blogger. So I want to leave you with a tad bit of visual fun, and somewhat baby related. My niece Zoe was born on the 5th of this month and Jim and I went down that weekend to meet her. Here are some of the photos!

I will return next week with another "Things that are Good for You" post as well as the next "Fashion Cambio, Blogger Edition." Thanks for your patience!

I don't know why my brother or Jim didn't make it into any pictures, maybe it's because we were the ones holding Zoe?!? Anyway, we're so blessed to have a new little niece, and can't wait to see her grow!

Keep it real,

Roo

Labels: , , , , , ,

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home