Sunday, September 18, 2011

The One that got away

I know that I haven't posted very much the last couple of weeks, but we've been hard at work at the Strothers' household. We have been working on getting the place cleaned up, inside and out, both of us have traveled a lot for work, I got sick, Jim entered into a high stakes weight loss competition and I am training for a 1/2 marathon! Whew! I don't have to travel as much this month, so hopefully I can get some more blogging in.

ANYWAY. Since I've been doing my training and it's been way too hot out to run still, so I've been spending a lot of quality time with the treadmill. I know this is going to sound cheesy, but I've been listening to a lot of Katy Perry. DON'T JUDGE ME! I liked a couple of her songs so I decided to download the album and it's really good workout music! So there's this one song called "The One that Got Away" that really resonated with me, but for less obvious reasons. There's not an official music video, so here's the best I could find..Hopefully Ariel does it justice.



Normally, meaning before Jim, I would hear this song and think about a boy in my life and be sad or nostalgic and be upset by the song. Now, having Jim in my life I started thinking about what my life would be like without him. I know it's kind of morbid to think like this, but if something awful happened to him, I would be devastated, but I think it would be just as hard to see him move on without me! 

So I started to think about how lucky I am to have him in my life. This song really just made me think about how silly I was when I was younger and how fortunate I am to have such an amazing man in my life. It honestly made me have a very content and triumphant feeling. While it's still a sad song, it was nice to feel a different emotion along with this; knowing that my life is right and that I made the best choice in the end and have no regrets.

I'm so happy because I'll never have to think of my husband as the one that got away...
Sorry to be so mushy, but a girl's gotta share her feelings from time to time! So what about you? Any good songs out there that make you happy, sad, bitter-sweet or make you look at things a different way? Share!

Keep it real,
Roo

Labels: , , ,

Blogger Heather Marie said...  

I love this! You two are adorable <333

Anonymous Vanessa said...  

Awh I love you two, you guys are so great for each other... even if he watches movies in 1.5. ;)

<3

Blogger sohirach said...  

oh my gosh, your blog is so freaking cute. following for sure, chick. keep it up!

love, rach.
www.so--hi.blogspot.com

Anonymous Charli said...  

Too CUTE! love it.

Charli.
xo

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home