Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Things My Mother Left Me

Now reading this it might sound like my mother has gone to a better place and is no longer with us; for those of you who know my family you know this is not true.  The truth is, I've been contemplating this blog concept for a while now and I'm super excited to share! I was brainstorming blog ideas and I thought it would be so nice to have a reoccurring tribute post to my mother of all of the memories and sentiments that she has left for me...while she's still here to enjoy it! (Mom: I hope you take this in with all of my good intentions.)
So here goes nothin!
White
This picture was taken from the blog Design Sponge. I obsess over this blog because of pictures like this. I'm hoping to have mostly my pictures in these posts, but seeing as how nothing in my house is white (yet) I had to borrow one today.
This picture represents white to me. Clean, fresh, relaxing, and it reminds me of home-just one I never lived in or step foot in. My mom gave me a love for white. Growing up I remember when I asked her what her favorite color was she responded "white", and I thought she was kidding. Needless to say, over the years she has proven this to be true with her shabby chic benches and nick-knacks around the house. (On a side note, my husband thinks that the definition of "shabby chic" is just white furniture. I don't know if that's the definition, but I know that's the best part!)
Some people think that white is boring, bland and blank, but I like to think otherwise.





Thanks Mom!
Roo

Labels: , , , , , ,

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home