Monday, September 20, 2010

Best Around

Gallo Blanco @ The Clarendon

A couple of weekends ago Jim and I had a fun little staycation at the Clarendon in Phoenix. They were having a great special on room rates for the holiday weekend, so I thought "why not!' and surprised him.

Jim and I have been fans of the Clarendon for a while now. In our opinion it's a hidden gem with a sweet pool and occassional rooftop bar. One nice thing about it is that is has its own signature restaurant, Gallo Blanco, (yes that means white rooster). With awesome fresh guacamole, rib eye carne asada tacos and the option of getting crepes or steak and eggs all day long, I don't know how you can go wrong with this place!

Here are some shots of our yummy guacamole and prickly pear margaritas! (We had tacos too but we gobbled them up before I had time to remember to take a picture.) :)


Bear with me on the last couple of pictures, they were taken via my iPhone.
Conclusion after the weekend-great find! If you haven't gone I recommend it; it's a nice change from the norm!
Roo

Labels: , , , , , ,

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home