Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Little Bit of Los Angeles - {Art in the Streets}

My last blog post about our trip to LA was not all positive. Yes, we spent a lot of money on getting our car towed and had a rough patch while we were there, but it wasn't all bad. In fact, there was some money that was very well spent on the 'Art in the Streets' exhibit. If you haven't had a chance to see it and you are in the LA area, DEFINITELY go.

I have to say that my husband is a bit of a trend spotter; he was into mustache tattoos before they were popular, liked Johnny Cupcakes before anyone knew who he was and appreciated Banksy before 'Exit Through the Gift Shop' was released. He saw his first graffiti film when he was in elementary school and has been intrigued ever since. So when we went to the exhibit, he was in art heaven.

Here are the shots I took in the exhibit...so amazing.
Doors; when you turn them, there's art on the other side that flows with the design.
There's not even a way for me to show you how cool this was, pictures really don't do it justice.

I think this might have been my favorite. I LOVE!
...and we did.

I tried to edit the photos as little as possible so that you could see them for what they are, but the lighting was very different from room to room and no flash photography was permitted. I did what I could to do them justice. I took SO many more photos than this, but it would take me all night to post them, so I cut it short (after I added five more). What did you think? Which one was your favorite? Have you been to the exhibit? 

Keep it real,
Roo

Labels: , , , ,

Anonymous Vanessa said...  

Awh I wish we wouldve stopped here when we went to la! I know Aaron would've loved this. Looks like so much fun :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...  

Ahhh! I cannot believe I haven't been to this! It looks SO awesome! Good eye Jim! ;) Only here until August 8th...better hurry I guess!!! eep!

Blogger shehimandanotherday said...  

Hello, I hope all is well with you.
You have a really amazing blog! I'll have to follow it. :D
in this post are a few pieces of art from the artist Miss Van, loved it!

If you want to (http://shehimandanotherday.blogspot.com/) you will be very welcome! Kiss, Marleneā™„

Blogger Anna Zimmerman said...  

How cool ! These pictures are awesome.

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home