Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sprucing Things Up Around Here

You might notice that my blog looks a little different today...well last night I stayed up really late learning the ins and outs of HTML and CSS and did a little blog make-over for myself. Pretty darn good for my first time if you ask me! Okay, okay I'm totally making that up. My very talented and lovely friend Vanessa of HelloVanny might have played a little part in sprucing up my digs. Okay, she played a BIG part, as in I told her what I liked and she designed this whole thing for me!

Vanessa is a talented blogger, baker and more recently blog designer. She and her boyfriend Aaron tag-teamed this project (Vanessa doing the design and Aaron coding the whole thing) and I could not be more happy with the results. Vanny (as I affectionately refer to her as) has recently made a bold move and decided to switch careers to do web design. Well she's not off to a bad start if you ask me!

In honor of my almost-year blogging anniversary, I thought I would do a little survey for Roofresh. I want your help in deciding what posts will be reoccurring posts on the blog. Basically, what do you like? It is completely anonymous, so please be nice. ;)

I will close the survey after one week so that I can add some fun new features to my blog, pointing you in the direction of the reoccurring posts. I realized that I had quite a few different post-series taking place and it had become very cumbersome to try and keep up with them all on a weekly basis. My hope with this survey is to narrow in on what people really want to read about and spend more quality time on those posts.

I'm so excited for the direction my blog is heading and so appreciative of everyone who has read it over the past year! I love the new design and I think it's a perfect reflection of my (and Jim's) personality. Thank you so much Vanessa and Aaron!

Labels: , , , ,

Blogger Lori said...  

Kelsey - your spruce up looks GREAT!! I've been wanting (attempting) to re-do my photography blog... maybe I should look your friend up!!! :)

Blogger Elaine said...  

Great job, a little torn though, I loved the colors and look of the other blog too! Didn't notice do you have a button for your friends? I love the cleanness, I've been on ALOT of blogs and navigating through "stuff" is cumbersome so great job!!

Blogger Elaine said...  

oops, found them under blogroll : )

Blogger jenny said...  

Vanessa did SUCH a good job. I'm in love with the colour scheme and all the hover-over detailing. :)

Anonymous Panda Pez said...  

So, this is what you wanted our wedding photos for! LOL. Of course I love the color scheme seeing it matches our bridal party. Vanessa did a fantastic job, I'm impressed! The hover circles are probably my favorite. Congrats

Blogger BridalHood said...  

Adorable blog - so glad I found it!

Blogger Dana Fox said...  

it looks wonderful :)
xo dana
thewonderforest.com

Blogger Unknown said...  

The RooFresh REFRESHH is Awesome, love it! Great job!!

Blogger Kara said...  

The new layout looks SO GOOD!!! I'm officially jealous.

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home