Goals...Dun Dun Duuuun!goal post, and I totally failed. Dang! Okay, so here's my new set, hopefully making them public will help me to reach some of them!
1. Go to bed by 10:30pm on "school nights"
2. Exercise 5-6 days a week: minimum 30 minutes and not the same exercise two days in a row.
3. Decrease my portion sizes and monitor fat intake...for being a nutritionist, I really don't take my own advise sometimes! I REALLY like cheese though. :)
4. Cook meals at home 90% of the time...If I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner that's 21 meals, that means I need to only eat out twice a week!
5. Drink 64oz of water a day (can be included in teas).
6. Visit a farmer's market twice a month and buy locally grown food.
7. Try one new recipe a week.
8. Try only sitting at work when I'm with a client. While making phone calls, or on the computer, stand or squat.
9. Read one new book by the end of March. OMG I can't remember the last time I finished a book that I started.
10. Do one thing a day that I know my husband will appreciate and will make him feel loved, (AND IT CAN'T BE THE SAME THING EVERY DAY).
Long Term (10-15years)
1. Start a personal business that is self sustaining.
2. Live in a certified energy efficient house.
3. Be debt free including house and car.
4. Live close enough to my work that I can ride my bike there and back, daily.
5. Have a baby! Or 2!
I feel that the best way to achieve a goal is to have a plan of attack. I think I will do some follow up blog posts to explain how I plan on executing some of my goals. We always tell people during nutrition counseling that the more specific you are, the more likely you are going to succeed in achieving your goal. My plan is to have one goal mastered before I work on the next so that I have habits created and it is easy to sustain my goals.
1. Go to bed by 10:30pm on "school nights" - my boss does a little thing where she will give herself a 'treat' for each goal that she accomplishes. I don't think that food should be a reward in most cases, but I'm going to make one exception: I LOVE Dutch Brother's coffee, a franchise we have here in Arizona, and for every Sunday-Thursday that I go to bed on time I will allow myself the purchase of a DUTCH BROS coffee on Friday morning. Woo Hoo! Oh and make someone OTHER than my husband or mom keep me accountable. Any volunteers? It's already 10:37 here! Lets see how this goes...